Camwood powder is a red powder that comes from the heart or core of the camwood tree (Baphia nitida) once the bark has been peeled off. It is otherwise known as African sandalwood powder and can be used in cleansing both the face and the whole body as well as for healing the skin and joints. It is loaded with natural skin soothing properties and provides excellent skincare enhancing qualities; the after effects of its use are immediate, leaving your skin smooth, supple, and glowing.
While camwood powder has now captured the world’s attention with its uniqueness and healing qualities, it has been an ancient beauty secret that has been used for centuries by Africans for skin care. It naturally rejuvenates the skin without any of the adverse effects caused by many chemically manufactured skin care products available today.
If you’ve ever wondered how to indulge your skin with the magical benefits of camwood powder, this book provides fast and easy recipes for a home spa experience using other natural products to achieve healthy, radiant, and blemish-free skin. Camwood has amazing benefits for relieving a host of skin problems, and the best thing about it is that it suits all skin types.
The benefits of camwood powder include the following:
- Evens out skin tone
- Reduces the appearance of pimples
- Visibly reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Revitalizes the skin, giving it a youthful glow
- Eliminates crow’s feet
- Improves the texture of the skin
- Reduces rheumatic pains and stiff joints
- Inhibits the growth of ringworm
- Clears acne, eczema, and minor skin blemishes
- Relieves prickly heat and rashes
- Restores skin elasticity
- Relieves sunburn
- Serves as a natural dye in cosmetics